Crown Lets 4u Estate Agents is London`s leading agent in tenant relocation. We have a large selection of quality properties available on a day to day basis.
Our Lettings Department offers a unique relocation service and as such can deliver the relevant property matched to your requirements.
When looking for accommodation within the South London, Croydon and Surrey, it is not only the property that is important in making a decision, other contributing factors play an important part as well. The following is a brief example of what we look out for when taking an instruction from a Landlord.
Size of the property, condition of decoration, location of the property, being furnished or unfurnished, garden, parking, etc.
Crown Lets 4u Estate Agents has a fully trained team of letting consultants who have an active knowledge of properties and contacts throughout the South London, Croydon and Surrey region. We will search through an up-to date selection of available properties when you first make contact with us. Our aim at this point is to offer you as many variations of properties that suit the requirements given to us when you contact us.
We have a personal working experience with landlords and tenants dating back to 2004. With this in mind, we are able to work through our portfolio of landlords generating properties that will become available in the near future.
Whether you are looking for a property now or in the very near future, allow us to search for the property that suits your exact needs and requirements.
The issue`s of health and safety have been a grey area for many organisations. We pride in ensuring that the safety of tenants prior to the start of the tenancy commencing is 100% up-to-date.
We will ensure that all Gas appliances are inspected and regulated by a registered Gas Safe Inspector. A safety certificate will be issued prior to the tenancy commencing. We will also ensure the electrics throughout the property are checked by a qualified electrician. Most landlords have an NIC/EIC report which’s determines the safety of the electric`s within the property. Though other approved bodies can carry out tests in line with current regulations. A PAT (Portable Appliance Test) will be carried out on electrical items provided within the property. Smoke alarms are provided as standard, in addition to Fire Blankets and Fire Extinguishers. All furniture will be of a modern standard, meeting the BS 7177 kitemark. In short items of soft furnishing will have flame proof materials within.
In many cases we act as a managing agent when you take a property through us. We have trained property managers who act swiftly in the event of an emergency occurring and will answer all of your concerns appertaining to letting law and customer services.
Unfortunately, like all business`s we have to charge for our services. There will be a admin fee of £350.00 and £100.00 for Inventory and Tenant Check In. These charges is for carrying out and completing the administration. A further £100.00 is charged for each tenant for credit and reference checks, when more than one tenant will be living in the property. If a guarantor is required then a further £100.00 will be applied, although you will find these to be very competitive, (please ask for more details). Any other charges during tenancy are listed in the Tenancy Agreement and Tenants Receipt – Payment Details.
Once the letting has been agreed by the landlord, we require a holding deposit, which vary dependant on circumstances, payable to Crown Lets 4u Ltd.
1. If you withdraw from the proposed tenancy for any reason whatsoever then this preliminary non-refundable holding deposit / admin fee and reference fee will be forfeited and applied in equal part to Crown Lets 4 u Ltd and to the landlord.
2. If you fail to meet the required criteria to pass your references by our chosen referencing agency then this holding deposit / admin fee will be refunded to you by Bank Transfer at the earliest opportunity less any reference costs incurred on your behalf.
3. If the landlord withdraws from the proposed tenancy for any reason whatsoever, and this reason will not necessarily be disclosed to you by the landlord, then this holding deposit / admin fee will be refunded to you by Bank Transfer at the earliest opportunity less 10% admin and handling fee and any reference costs incurred on your behalf.
4. Once you have been given a references application form, you must complete, sign and return to us within 48 hours. If we don’t receive the reference application form from you then we will have no choice but to put the property back on the market and your non-refundable holding deposit / admin fee and reference fee will be fortified and applied in equal part to Crown Lets 4u Ltd and to the landlord.
5. Once you have paid the holding deposit/admin and reference fee, you must provide us with all the documents listed in Tenant Receipt - Payment Details (page 2) within 3 working days. If we don’t receive the requested documents on page 2 from you then we will have no choice but to put the property back on the market and your non-refundable holding deposit / admin fee and reference fee will be fortified and applied in equal part to Crown Lets 4u Ltd and to the landlord.
6. Once we have agreed a moving in date and you don’t move in for any reason whatsoever then this preliminary non-refundable holding deposit / admin fee and reference fee will be forfeited and applied in equal part to Crown Lets 4 u Ltd and to the landlord.
You must complete an application form by our chosen referencing agency, before we can begin the application process. This is used to carry out background reference checks. In addition, you are required to show the following documents:
1. Photo I.D – Passport Copy or EU I.D Card
2. Three Months Bank Statement (Recent & within the last 3 months)
3. Employment Reference – Letter from employers & 3 months’ pay slips for each jobs
4. Account Reference– Letter from accountant to verify your company and Income statements (If self-employed)
5. Previous/Current Landlord Reference – Letter from landlord or letting agent stating good reference
6. Proof of address, i.e. any Utility Bill (Recent or within the last 3 months)
7. Character Reference (This can be done by a member of the family or any one in your work place)
8. Housing Benefit Letter – Confirming of receiving housing benefit from the council (If unemployed)
9. College or University letter – Confirming you are a student (If you study)
Once your application is successful, we will notify you and ask for your Landlord Security Deposit. This is charged at Six Weeks Landlord Security Deposit for working tenants or Eight Weeks Landlord Security Deposit for students/unemployed tenants.
Finally, we will notify you of the move-in date and you must pay the outstanding one month rent in advance, Inventory & Tenant Check In.
All outstanding payments must be paid by Cash or Bank Transfer and payable to Crown Lets 4u Ltd or the Letting Agent Manager and Personal cheques WILL NOT be accepted. The outstanding amount by on-line bank transfer must be paid 5 days prior to moving in otherwise keys will not be released.
Many of our tenants are thousands of miles away from home and have come to the UK to study or work. This can be a daunting time for many people. Being in a foreign country, perhaps not even being able to speak English. Remember we are here to help; we have experienced staff if you have any questions, and they might even speak your language.
Everybody has different requirements, we understand a perfect property for one person, might be quite different from the ideal home of another. We therefore try to provide as much choice as possible to ensure we can suit your individual needs.
Remember, choosing an agent can be as difficult as choosing a property, so get it right first time
Take a look at our property section, to see what we currently have available. Simply book a viewing with us, and let us take care of everything for you.